Battery Swapping System
To maintain the operation of a pure-electric bus, sufficient power is required. Unlike other plug-in battery charging buses, it is necessary to wait more than 8 hours for complete charged. Without changing the existing bus operation habits, Aleees proposes the Eden Way business model which requires only 6 minutes for each Aleees' next generation electric buses to be available instantly for operation without affecting the operation time. It also has the following advantages:
Unlike other commercially available electric buses which require a charging time more than 8 hours to recover the capacity for driving before the power is running out. Aleees' next generation battery swappable type electric buses uses the battery swapping system so as to allow the next generation battery swap electric bus to wait 6-10 minutes for battery replacement without wasting extra time before it can be back on the road like a typical diesel bus without affecting the operation time. Aleees' battery swapping station uses robotic arm to grip the battery. The standard specifications of the battery storage space can shorten the battery replacement time significantly. Within the same 6 - 10 minutes, the bus can be completely equipped with fully charged battery to go back on the road. In this way, the issue for a typical plug-in type electric bus to wait for the charging time of 8 hours can be solved.
Aleees is in charge of the present battery design and the Eden Way battery exchange stations in order to reduce the burden of passenger transport industry so that the industry can be exempt from the effort and time to handle unfamiliar battery affairs. As for the passengers, they no longer have to worry about any problem of the LFP battery in the next generation in electric buses while they are actually sitting in the bus as helpless white mice. Aleees believes that this system would provide the best assurance for the industry as well as the passengers. In addition to provide safe vehicles, the maintenance and repair of batteries are more important. Aleees provides a complete battery management and maintenance service based on the battery leasing model so that every electric bus can be safe and stable running on the streets, while providing a complete environment for battery exchange.
By leveraging the Cradle-to-Cradle green economy concept, Aleees is considering how to mimic the nature to constantly recycle the materials, design and even the battery swapping station concept at the design stage without reducing their values (and even value-added use). The centralized battery management has the advantage to allow for the best performance of each kWh of the battery. In this way, the electric vehicle operators can eliminate the need of battery recycling issues while running the electric vehicle business. Aleees provides sophisticate maintenance and repair services so that once the battery performance decreases, it can become the energy storage system for the wind, hydro, solar and other energy.
Base on the Cradle to Cradle philosophy, Aleees takes all the responsibility for the complete cycle from its own cathode materials, the next generation battery exchange type electric buses, and the battery exchange station to realize the resource recycling society with "Zero Waste and Full Recycle". Each step that Aleees take would be like a cherry tree full of blossoms. When the blossoms fade to the grounds, no one would think that the resources are wasted - because all the twigs, leaves, flower falling on the ground would once again become nutrients to breed new flowers and fruits.
The maintenance time including the transportation, identification and repair procedures, for a typical battery is often more than 14 days. In Aleees battery exchange station model, the unnecessary wait time is eliminated. It takes only 6 - 10 minutes for the battery exchange process for the bus to go back on the road, so it will not affect the operation time for the bus operators. Aleees is in charge of the battery care and maintenance. Not only the quality but also the operational performance is improved owing to the professional maintenance quality.
After oil crisis in 2008, the business opportunity for electric transportation vehicles occurs. Unfortunately, there is no unified battery specification and equipment which not only limits the prospects for the development of electric vehicles but also highlight the importance of the consistency when various electric vehicle companies have their own ideas. While Aleees is in charge of the battery specifications and battery exchange systems for Aleees' next generation battery exchange type electric buses, the issue of the inconsistency of the specifications of the batteries and the battery charge/exchange equipment can be solved.
Aleees group considers the needs specifically for passenger transport industry during the R & D stage, including the bus models, specifications, driving environment, passenger load, safety factor, safety accessories, and prototype test. The buses have been subject to the tests by Automotive Research & Testing Center (ARTC) and Vehicle Safety Certification Center (VSCC) before they are licensed, trial production on line, and finally launched on the market. In terms of the development stages in order, they can be divided into planning, research and design, testing and validation, trial production, and market sales.
- The modular battery plays the role of replenishing the power for the electric vehicles battery power to add device. The appropriate number of modules can be configured according to the driving purpose and demand so as to solve the battery durability problems.
- It provides a modular battery exchange solution for the zero-emission electric vehicles and to solve the prices of electric vehicles, long charging time problem, and battery durability problem.
- Use the battery module swap to replenish the power to save the charging time and solve the difficulty for land acquisition required for large electric car charging stations.
- By making use of the characteristics of buses with fixed locations and fixed distance routes, the battery can achieve a maximum operating efficiency for its durability.
- The "Lithium Ferrous Phosphate" cathode materials which are developed by Advanced Lithium Electrochemistry Co., Ltd. in Taiwan and patented in many countries are used in the battery cells. The battery cells which are suitable for the operating environment of electric vehicles are fabricated by the world-class battery manufacturers.
- The entire bus is designed with stiffness based on the body on frame structure and its safety performance is beyond the traditional framed body structure.
- The pneumatic suspension system can enhance the comfort and protection for the machanical devices in the body.
- The high safety ABS system manufactured in Germany is used to provide safe and sensitive braking reaction.